Monday, January 21, 2013

Review: Crash by Nicole Williams

Crash
By: Nicole Williams
Publisher: HarperCollins (previously released independently through e-book by the author)
NOW AVAILABLE!
Crash on Goodreads here
Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads:
Jude Ryder and Lucy Larson are this generation's Romeo and Juliet: Explosive. Sizzling. Tragic.

A steamy summer encounter with bad boy Jude means trouble for Lucy. Her sights are set on becoming a ballerina, and she won't let anything get in her way . . . except Jude.

He's got a rap sheet, dangerous mood swings, and a name that's been sighed, shouted, and cursed by who knows how many girls.

Jude's a cancer, the kind of guy who's fated to ruin the lives of girls like Lucy—and he tells her so.

But as rumors run rampant and reputations are destroyed, Lucy's not listening to Jude's warning. Is tragedy waiting in the wings? This racy romance is hot, hot, hot!

My Thoughts:

Hmmm....

As I write this review I find myself very conflicted. The plot of this story is right up my alley, I can never say no to a good romance, and Williams included a lot of my favourite cliches (i.e. boy who could have anybody but only wants the "new girl," popular quarterback and resident "bad boy" both vying for the same "new girl" etc.) 

However, I found myself quite annoyed while reading Crash. I really wanted to like Jude and Lucy but they just aren't the most likeable characters. They both feel and act like they're above everyone and everything, and their snobby, hypocritical attitude turned me off the story quite a bit. These two were definitely made for each other haha. 

With that said, Williams does do a great job with the chemistry between her two main characters. There were a few scenes in this book that had the lenses of my glasses steaming up a bit. 

Overall, I do think I will continue this series to simply see where Williams will take Lucy and Jude, but I'm not sure if I would recommend this book or not and I apologize for my ambivalence towards this title but I'll leave these thoughts in your hands and let you decide!

Happy Reading!!!

3 comments:

  1. Saving the best for last, culminating in one of the most emotionally touching and sweetest endings that I've read to date, this unforgettable story will touch your heart and remain in your thoughts long after you've reached the ending.

    I highly recommend giving this one a green light.

    Cleo Rogers (Puyallup Plumbing)

    ReplyDelete