Thursday, September 6, 2012

ARC Review: Hidden by Sophie Jordan

Hidden (Firelight #3) by Sophie Jordan
Release Date: September 11th/12.
Publisher: HarperTeen
Source: Trade with another book blogger
Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads:
Jacinda was supposed to bond with Cassian, the "prince" of their pride. But she resisted long before she fell in love with Will—a human and, worse, a hunter. When she ran away with Will, it ended in disaster, with Cassian's sister, Miram, captured. Weighed down by guilt, Jacinda knows she must rescue her to set things right. Yet to do so she will have to venture deep into the heart of enemy territory.

The only way Jacinda can reach Miram is by posing as a prisoner herself, though once she assumes that disguise, things quickly spiral out of her control. As she learns more about her captors, she realizes that even if Will and Cassian can carry out their part of the plan, there's no guarantee they'll all make it out alive. But what Jacinda never could have foreseen is that escaping would be only the beginning....

Loyalties are tested and sacrifices made in the explosive conclusion to Sophie Jordan's Firelight trilogy.

My Thoughts:
WARNING!!! This is the third book in the Firelight series, and as such, may contain some spoilers for the first two books, Firelight and Vanish.

I LOVE THIS SERIES!!! Firelight is, by far, one of my favourite YA series and one that I continue to recommend to my YA/Paranormal Romance fans (and I've never received bad feedback either!) In fact, Firelight was the first book I reviewed on my blog, way back when. 

Why does this have to be the end? Yes that's right, this is the final instalment in the Firelight trilogy (proceeds to grad tissue box in mourning) and it also contains the most action of all three.

Hidden is a VERY SATISFYING ending to this trilogy. It picks up right where Vanish left off, with Jacinda and the troop on the hunt to track down Miram. Each chapter is filled with action and the pacing of the novel was continuously exciting. I read it one sitting and I never knew where Jordan was going to take Jacinda next, seriously, she was all over the map! Every character was brought back in Book 3, with the exception of the high school catties from Firelight (which weren't needed to be brought back) and all questions are answered.

Including our love triangle. I have to give Jordan credit, after finishing both Firelight and Vanish I was torn between Will and Cassian and absolutely jealous of Jacinda :), but I'm glad that she does make her choice perfectly clear in Hidden. Sophie does such a great job of writing both guys, I would've been happy if she had ended up with either!

There were some sad moments in Hidden though, especially towards the end. I won't get to spoilery, but not all the characters make it to the end, and my heart did go out to a few of these losses. The true villain of this series is unveiled, and it's not who you're expecting it to be. At least it wasn't for me.

On a happier note though, there were many happy moments for Tamara. She truly shined in this final book and I'm really hoping she gets her own spin-off series. Especially loved the introduction to Deghan and the sweet romance that blossoms between him and Tamara. I was constantly thinking "You go girl!" 

Overall, I bittersweet ending to one of my favourite YA series. Like I said before, I recommend this series to all fans of YA/Paranormal Romance. Thanks so much Sophie for bringing Jacinda, Will and Cassian into my life.

Happy Reading!!!

Order your copy of Hidden!
HarperCollins Ca
Chapters/Indigo
Amazon .ca
Amazon

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking. I haven't read Vanish yet, but I'm trying to get to it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no worries, thanks for stopping by! You have to finish this series- it's one of my favourites! :)

      Delete