Monday, June 18, 2012

Indie Review: Easy by Tammara Webber

Easy by Tammara Webber
NOW AVAILABLE ON KINDLE!
Source: Purchased on my Kindle
Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads:
When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she’s single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, stalked by her ex’s frat brother, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Her econ professor gives her an email address for Landon, the class tutor, who shows her that she’s still the same intelligent girl she’s always been. As Jacqueline becomes interested in more from her tutor than a better grade, his teasing responses make the feeling seem mutual. There’s just one problem—their only interactions are through email.

Meanwhile, a guy in her econ class proves his worth the first night she meets him. Nothing like her popular ex or her brainy tutor, Lucas sits on the back row, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. At a downtown club, he disappears after several dances that leave her on fire. When he asks if he can sketch her, alone in her room, she agrees—hoping for more.

Then Jacqueline discovers a withheld connection between her supportive tutor and her seductive classmate, her ex comes back into the picture, and her stalker escalates his attention by spreading rumors that they’ve hooked up. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.

Author Recommendation: Mature Young Adults (language, drinking, sexual situations)


My Thoughts:
Easy is a breath of fresh air!


I kept seeing this title pop up all over the blogsphere the past couple weeks and after reading all fellow bloggers review on Goodreads I had to purchase myself a copy. So glad I did! Webber's ability to capture the voice of the new adult is inspiring (especially in my own writing). You'll see many grammatical errors in independent e-books, but not so with Webber- this was definitely refreshing.


Easy, is a contemporary coming of age story, about a young woman forced to find her true self. Jacqueline suffers from what I refer to as the "BELLA COMPLEX" i.e. you define yourself and allow your whole world to revolve around one person (Edward). Many people do this and don't realize it until the rug is lifted out from under them and they're forced to open their eyes. I thoroughly enjoyed reading from Jacqueline's (not Jackie) perspective. She's smart, and learns from her mistakes and I think she's a great role-model for many teenage girls.


Of course now it's going to seem like I'm contradicting myself as I explain how much I thoroughly loved Lucas. But I'm not I swear, he's a great guy who compliments Jacqueline in the best ways possible. O and I should mention, the scenes between these two were quite steamy- LOVED IT! :)


This story is the perfect beach read! I plan on reading Webber's other Between the Lines series this Summer as well, if it's anything like her latest release I'm sure I won't be dissappointed.


Happy Reading!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really excited for this one too! I have it on my Kindle but I haven't found the time to read it yet :( Hopefully soon.
    Nice review!

    ReplyDelete