Monday, November 14, 2011

ARC Review: Unleashed by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie

Unleashed by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie
Release Date: November 22nd/11.
Publisher: Delacorte Press

Katelyn McBride’s life changed in an instant when her mother died. Uprooted from her California home, Katelyn was shipped to the middle of nowhere, Arkansas, to her only living relative, her grandfather. And now she has to start over in Wolf Springs, a tiny village in the Ozark Mountains. Like any small town, Wolf Springs has secrets. But the secrets hidden here are more sinister than Katelyn could ever imagine. It’s a town with a history that reaches back centuries, spans continents, and conceals terrifying truths. And Katelyn McBride is about to change everything.
Broken families, ageless grudges, forced alliances, and love that blooms in the darkest night—welcome to Wolf Springs.

My Thoughts:

First off let me just point out that I am NOT a fan of Holder's Wicked series,

However...

I LOVED this book! When I first started reading Unleashed I felt it resembled Twilight in many ways.

Kat's been uprooted from her Sunny LA lifestyle to a small rural town with her Grandfather. And Wolf Springs has some secrets (that aren't so secret :)).

I felt a disconnect with her friend Cordelia, all the scenes between Kat and this character felt awkward and uncomfortable to me (almost forced).

However, this writing team definitely redeems this story with it's budding love triangle :)  I'm TEAM TRICK ALL THE WAY, although Justin is amazing, Trick is the whole package (Hot, fun, chivalrous, and his Southern accent doesn't hurt!) I definitely felt passion between Kat and both these guys, which one will she choose, I have no fricken idea, but I'm dying to find out!

Overall I would recommend this read to all Werewolf and Twilight fans out there!

Happy Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment