Friday, October 21, 2011

Review: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

After Mara Dyer’s best friend dies, she begins to go through episodes of posttraumatic stress disorder. She cannot remember the accident, or was it an accident? Mara only knows that of the four people who went that night to the abandoned asylum, she was the only survivor. Mara gets a new start in Florida, where she meets sexy Noah, who is known for being a player. Mara tries to ignore Noah at first but easily becomes entwined in his charms. Hallucinations and nightmares are a regular part of her life that she tries to keep hidden, especially from Noah. After an incident with her younger brother, Mara finds out that Noah has powerful secrets of his own.
My Thoughts:
WOW, this is an amazing read! The plot had me guessing to the very end, the mix of romance and suspense will leave you thirsty for more...

Mara is a strong heroine and narrator, however, she's going through a very trying time as she tries to piece together the events that lead to her friends deaths. Her reality and illusions/visions blend so well together that I found myself feeling just as vulnerable as Mara. If only I had my own Noah to keep me on track...

Noah *sigh* I'm in love with this man. This is one of those cases where you definitely should be judging a  the book by its cover. The way that man wraps his arms around her *swoon* and he has amazingly sexy forearms :) There are a few Noah scenes in this book that I have, and will continue, to read over and over and over. He doesn't take any crap from anyone, and refuses to open up to anyone, until he meets Mara.

Please do yourself a favour and read this book. It's freakin amazing! I can't wait for book #2, I'm getting excited just thinking about it :)

Happy Reading!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment